Monday, May 23, 2011

and so it begins...

So, I decided that a blog would be the best way to go about chronicling and sharing all about my study abroad trip. That way, if you want to know what's going on, you can come look, and if you don't, well, then, you're not reading this. And that way, I don't bug those people with too many e-mails. :) And, just for your information, 'aventuras' means 'adventures' in Basque, the native language of San Sebastian.

I am so beyond excited! I haven't packed per se, however, I have some very neat and orderly piles of stuff on my floor. It didn't really even hit me until today that I'm leaving for Spain in two days. I actually had a little mini panic attack in Target after explaining to the pharmacist that I needed enough Zyrtec-D to last me until I got back (generally not a great plan...they're a little stingy with their pseudoephedrine), but Mom made me breathe (in and out), and I was on my way.


So...that's where I am spending the next 5 weeks of my life. Probably one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen. For those of you that don't know, I will be taking 6 hours of Economics classes at a local university and interning at a local business that teaches the Basque people conversational English. Please keep Nick and I and the other study abroad students in your thoughts and prayers as we travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment