Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Special Update: Nick

Hola everyone! I know I haven’t been keeping up with this at all, but in light of the past few nights, I feel as though a mass explanation would be better than lots of little ones.

Nick started feeling bad very early yesterday morning. He woke up about 3am quite sick. He texted me to let me know that he was going to skip our first class to rest because he’d been up for a few hours that morning sick and hadn’t gotten much sleep. I had to go to the hospital after class, but as soon as I got out, I called him and brought him some Coke (the program director told me that people drink the Coke here rather than Sprite for an upset stomach) and some bread, hoping he’d be able to get and keep some of it down. He stayed in bed the rest of the day and around 8pm, he texted me asking me to contact someone to take him to the hospital. After calling around, our boss came and picked us up around 9:30 and took us to the ER. We waited for a very, very long time, but after a while they called us back. By then, our ISA director got there and our boss left. They took Nick’s temp (103.1! he was a very sick boy) and told us that if we had told them when we arrived that he had a temp that they would have let him back earlier. I guess I’ll file that away for next time…but anyway! They got an IV going and after about 30 minutes, he was already looking way way better. They did some tests and told us he could probably go home once they finished checking out the other patients in front of him. About 3am, they decided they needed to keep him for the night so that they could run a few more precautionary tests. I had to go back the next AM to get my test results, so I went and checked on him. He had gotten sick a few more times that morning right after the doctor had seen him. I had a midterm this afternoon, but after class, I went over and stayed 8ish hours with him.

Just in those 8 hours, he went from doing pretty well to not doing so great during. He’s had some sort of IV in him nonstop since we took him to the ER last night. I’m gathering up some things tonight to take over to him in the morning, so hopefully we will know soon what’s going on with him! Until then, I would ask for your continued thoughts and prayers to go towards him at this time. We know that God’s ways are not always our ways, and we have to trust that this is all God’s plan. Thank you all for your kind messages and support.  Vos amo!

1 comment: